Thursday, May 28, 2009

From Video Games to NGage

Well, it took three days for my next post. Busy with the work. But spent some time updating my cell phone.

Installed new firwire for my E71, Nokia says that it will improve camera and also offers a handful of updated features.

For the first time after my teenage I downloaded a Game, this time for my cellphone. It was Twenty20 Cricket from Indiagames.com. A small mobile application which offers the shorter version of cricket with latest international players and statistics. I enjoyed playing it (I downloaded it to remove my boredom during a long wait yesterday).

The Twenty 20 Cricket game, was the one which I downloaded and played after several years. The first game I remember that I played was the Brick game, back in 1994 or 95. The game was the same old popular brick game available in the portable video game gadgets. Moving the brick with <,>, keys to make the ball bounce and earn points, was the greatest game available then.

The next game I played was an adventure game - 'Prince of Persia' where I became the prince on war with the evil powers for saving the princess. This game was one of my favourite for a long time. These were the two games which I remember having played before the advent of graphic cards and colour monitors.

Racing games were the craze of every boy during their middle-high school years. Yes I am saying about the legendary Roadrash game, which was another favourite game of mine which stayed for years and even today. This was the first game I installed in my PC when i got one. Spiderman, Nasscar, Tombraider, etc were some of the computer games that I installed in those days.

But my most favourite game is FIFA Soccer from EASports. EASports had several games based on popular sports, Eventhough cricket was the choice of my friends, it was hard for me to control the keys while bowling. Fifa Football was fast, fascinating and offered versatality in selecting the team, player transfers, and lot more. It is indeed the most played game by me in my life so far.

The passion for games lessened after getting into the college. Computer was mostly used for hearing music, watching movies and installing new softwares then. These softwares were only to be installed, because everybody boasted on the quantity of softwares they had on their computers but did not know what was the purpose of those. Passion for computer games decreased but those small flash games like Egg (I dont know the exact name of that game in which egss are captured in a basket), Flash cricket and latest Bush shoe game etc shared my free time (mainly at office).

Late in the evening I read an article about a new browser for cell phone named BOLT. As per the article, Bolt is giving some serious challenge to Opera Mini and Skyfire. Indians are the second most users of Bolt after US. For curiosity I downloaded Bolt, it has a good interface, usage similar to the Nokia browser and a bit slow compared to Opera Mini. It has a chat feature while using Gmail like the desktop browsers and support for Youtube compared to its competitiors.

No comments: