Monday, May 25, 2009

The Beginning

After ten years of searching and researching in the internet, I decided to start a personal website. I dont know why it took so long for creating one for my own; may be there was Orkut, Facebook and others catering my needs. Apart from using these third party accounts, creating an exclusive niche for my own thoughts and passions was quite interesting.

The idea of working on a personal website with my thoughts, friends, photos,etc was knocking in my mind for the past five years, But i was satisfied with the personal home page at Yahoo Geocites (www.geocities.com/god5win) . And last week Yahoo has informed me that they are going to close the Geocities because it has become outdated. Then I thought of making one of my own. The layout and widgets came in no time and Yo! I created a website.

Then came the next challenge. I should post something. With my tight daily schedule, I dont know if i can write something regularly and in a appealing manner. I am a big zero expressing myself in words even with that journalism degree on my shoulders.

Talking about Journalism, I am neither a good reporter nor a good media presenter, I like editing, I edit what others write, but I hate editing my own words.That may be the reason my (ex)-boss had to work overtime correcting and rewriting my drafts. Here also i have made up a decision that I will not edit or rewrite my own words only because I dislike reading back. I hope you people will correct me via comments. I have told you that I am a bad Journo, who skipped his grammar lessons in middle school.

For somebody to publish a work, he should have a minimum confidence in his ability. But Technology has made everyone a publisher. When hitting that 'Publish button' is just a mouse click why should I stay behind?

So on May 25th of 2009, sitting in a No. 6308 Kannur Allepey Express, I type this on my cell phone, the first post.

I will post here my thoughts about how and what I see in this world both in words and in pictures. I will share my views on my passions especially on blogging, technology, gadgets, automobiles, movies, music, sports, photography, travelling etc.

Due to the time factor, I will always try to keep it short which is good for me and you.


Having scribbled a post; I dont know, whether anybody will read this. May be just another addition to the millions of sites in the websphere. I hope my future posts will not be as boring as the first one.

I have made this [letter] longer, because I have not had the time to make it shorter. - Blaise Pascal

No comments: